Red Pepper Jelly

Red Pepper Jelly
1 1/4 lbs. Hot red peppers
1 1/4 lbs. Red bell peppers
2 tsp. Chili powder
Pinch cayenne pepper
Grate rind and juice of 6 lemons
2 cups of cider vinegar
2 tsp. Salt
10 cups of white sugar
6 oz. liquid Pectin

Seed peppers and chop coarsely in food processor 1/3 at a time liquefy peppers with chili powder and cayenne pepper. Combine peppers with vinegar, lemon juice, rind & salt. Boil rapidly 10 minutes. Stir in sugar & boil 5 min more. Add pectin & boil 1 minute, skim if necessary. Pack in hot sterilized jars and seal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Search

Profile

My photo
Camlachie, Ontario, Canada
I created this blog to share my experience and knowledge with you. I have been collecting information for a long time, my collection has become so large that I decided to share it with you. I hope that you find this site informative enough to visit it again.